To set up cURL on Windows, perform the following steps:
- In a browser, open the cURL utility downloads page for Windows.
- Download the curl for 64-bit or 32-bit package based on your operating system. A zip package is downloaded that contains all the files of the utility.
- Unzip all the files to a folder on the Windows machine.
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard and type Edit the system environment variables in the search box.
- Click Edit the system environment variables. System Properties dialog appears with the Advanced tab selected.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables. The Environment Variables dialog appears.
- In the Environment Variables dialog, under the Variable column of the System variables section, select Path and then click Edit.
- In the dialog that appears, add a semicolon and then paste the path to the folder where you unzipped the cURL utility files and then click OK.
The cURL utility is set up and ready to use.
Open and close the command line (cmd) utility on the Windows machine a few times to let the updated settings sync before you start using the utility.