To set up cURL on Windows, perform the following steps:
- In a browser, open the cURL utility downloads page for Windows.
- Download the curl for 64-bit or 32-bit package based on your operating system. A zip package is downloaded that contains all the files of the utility.
- Unzip all the files to a folder on the Windows machine.
- Press the Windows button on the keyboard and type Edit the system environment variables in the search box.
- Click Edit the system environment variables. System Properties dialog appears with the Advanced tab selected.
- In the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables. The Environment Variables dialog appears.
- In the Environment Variables dialog, under the Variable column of the System variables section, select Path and then click Edit.
- In the dialog that appears, add a semicolon and then paste the path to the folder where you unzipped the cURL utility files followed by 'bin', for example, C:\Users\Administrator\
Downloads\curl-7.64.0_2-win64- mingw\curl-7.64.0-win64-mingw\ bin, and click OK.
The cURL utility is set up and ready to use.
Open and close the command line (cmd) utility on the Windows machine a few times to let the updated settings sync before you start using the utility.