Register previously deleted server
If you are a cloud administrator, you can register a server that you deleted previously. If you are a group administrator, you can only register previously deleted servers that belong to the groups that you manage. After registration, you can configure this server as a file server or a SQL server, thereby enabling backups from the server.
Step 1 of 3: Perform clean-up of previous installation
- Log on to the server you want to register as administrator or root user.
- (Windows) Stop Phoenix Agent Client Service.
(Linux) Kill the Phoenix process.
- Manually delete:
(Windows Server versions) C:\ProgramData\Phoenix
(Windows) Start Phoenix Agent Client Service.
(Linux) Start the Phoenix process.
Step 2 of 3: Register the server
Note: If you have an activation token already, skip this step. Use the token to activate Phoenix agent.
For more information on how to register a server, see Register servers.
Step 3 of 3: Activate Phoenix agent
- Ensure that the activation token is handy.
- Double-click the Phoenix agent shortcut.
- On the Druva Phoenix window, enter the activation token in the text box, and click Activate.
- From the /opt/Druva/Phoenix/lib directory, run the following command:
where <token> represents the activation token that Phoenix generated at the time of registering servers.