Skip to main content
Common agent FAQs
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- ►Using the agent downloaded for Files Servers, can I reuse the same agent installer to activate the agent for FS, MS SQL, and Hyper-V and Backup proxy for NAS and Nutanix AHV?
- Yes, the same download file is used to activate the Backup proxy for different workloads.
- ►What if I do not have one or more of the supported workloads?
- On Windows client and macOS, the Local Agent Installation section will display Unsupported status for the respective workloads.
On Windows server, the appropriate Supported and Unsupported status is displayed.
- ►Do I need to make any changes to the Phoenix.cfg file for deploying the backup agent or proxy?
- No changes are required to the Phoenix.cfg file.
- ►How do I know which workload agents are successfully activated?
- A green tick appears ext to the successfully activated local agent installation workload.
- ►In the future, is it possible to add more workloads?
- Yes, you can add more supported workloads to the existing workloads-activated agents.
- ►What are activation checks?
- In the agent activation step, your server is connected to the Hybrid Workload Cloud. To avoid activation failure, the specific settings/configurations of your system’s environment are diagnosed by the installer e.g. - Port, Network, firewall, user permissions, available space etc., just before activation and appropriate errors are shown if any setting/configuration is incorrect and may result in Activation Failure. .
- ►What are First Backup Readiness checks?
- Post the agent activation step, your server is connected to the Hybrid Workload Cloud. Now in the next step, before configuring backups, the installer runs a few checks on the system environment. These checks verify the settings/configurations that may lead to a backup failure if they are not correctly set, e.g. - disk space, network bandwidth, permissions, OS version, Relevant System checks (e.g. VSS writer etc), firewall etc. In case there are any errors, the relevant error messages will be displayed on the screen along with possible resolution steps.
- ►Will these checks run manually or automatically?
- These checks will run automatically upon agent activation.
- ►Is there any user action required ?
- If there are any errors shown after the activation and first backup checks run - you need to fix the errors as instructed and re-run the checks to confirm whether the errors have been fixed.
- ►What if the errors are not fixed ?
- If you are not able to fix the errors on your own, please reach out to customer support.
- ►Which OS is supported to execute these activation checks?
- We support Windows, Linux, and Ubuntu. For more details, refer to this document.