This article describes the procedure to restore a snapshot as an EBS volume.
After an EC2 instance is configured for backup, Phoenix creates backups and stores them in regions and accounts that you specify in the backup policy. You can see those backups on the resource details page of the Phoenix Management Console. Perform the following steps to restore a snapshot as an EBS volume.
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- Select an organization from the top menu.
- On the top menu, click Protect > AWS Resources.
- On the AWS Accounts page, select an account from the left menu or click on the account name.
- On the left pane, click Resources > Compute.
- On the Compute page, click on the resource name of the EC2 instance that you want to restore.
- On the resource details page, click on the Backups tab.
- Under the Backups tab, select a backup with the type as Snapshot.
- After you select a snapshot that you want to use, click Restore. The Restore Snapshot window appears.
- Choose the Restore as a Volume option to create a volume from the snapshot.
- On the Restore Snapshot window, provide the details in the following sections:
Field Description Volume Name
Provide a name for the volume. This is a mandatory field.
Volume Type Choose a volume type for the volume. For more information, see Amazon EBS Volume Types [External link to AWS documentation]. Volume Size Provide the size of the volume in GB. Ensure that this value is greater than or equal to the backup data size of the snapshot. Availability Zone Choose an availability zone under the region where you want the volume to be stored. For more information, see Regions and Availability Zones [External link to AWS documentation].
- Review all the details on the Restore Snapshot window, and then click Create Volume.
Phoenix creates a volume based on the settings provided in the Restore Snapshot window. After the volume is created, navigate to the Restores page to access it. It may take a few seconds to list the restore job that you run click on the refresh icon .