When an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) runs a backup, the following steps are performed:
- RMAN starts Oracle RMAN backup on the mount on the Phoenix Backup Store.
- RMAN immediately creates an Oracle backup job on the Phoenix Management Console and reports the status of the RMAN activities in the progress logs.
- Once an RMAN job is completed, Druva Phoenix creates a snapshot on the Phoenix Backup Store and uploads the snapshot to the Druva Cloud as part of the same job created during the RMAN backup.
Druva Phoenix lists the backup, restore, log requests, and defreeze jobs triggered for Oracle servers on the Oracle tab of the Jobs page. You can monitor progress of the RMAN jobs on the Phoenix Management Console using the progress logs.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Jobs.
- On the Jobs page, click the Oracle tab.
- Click on the required Job ID.
- On the Job Details page, click the Progress Logs tab to view the details.
The Logs tab displays the following information:
- Progress Logs: Displays the summarized status of the RMAN backup operations and the progress of the backup jobs triggered for Oracle databases. When the backup operation is initiated, Druva Phoenix tracks the status of RMAN activities. The progress logs provide a detailed status of the RMAN activities:
- The start and completion time of RMAN backup for each mount
- The start and completion time of datafiles backups
- The start and completion time of control file backup
- The start and completion time of archive log backup
- The number of datafiles and archive log files backed up for a database
- The backup status of backup sets
Note: The Log Requests jobs do not display the progress log.
- Detailed Logs: Displays detailed logs for the backup operations of that job. You can use the log files to analyze and troubleshoot the issues that you might encounter while performing a task. Detailed logs are available only after the completion of the upload job.
- You can request the job logs within 30 days of triggering the job. You must download the requested logs within 7 days of triggering the request. For assistance in resolving your issues, you can share the log files with the Druva Support team.
- In the case of RMAN Job failure, administrators can download detailed logs to debug and analyze RMAN related failures.
Note: Druva Phoenix allows you to request for the detailed logs of the job using the Request Details Logs button.