Before deploying the package and creating the Phoenix Backup Store, review the following requirements:
- Ensure that the Ubuntu server, AWS EC2 instance, or the virtual machine meets the hardware and software requirements specified in the system requirements article.
- To backup an oracle database on PBS, make sure you have at least 10% extra storage than the size of the database that you want to back up. For more information, see Hardware requirements for the Phoenix Backup Store.
- To deploy a Debian package on an Amazon EC2 instance, read the recommended configuration for the AWS EC2 instance.
- Ensure that the Phoenix Backup Store uses Ubuntu 18.04.
- Set up the Phoenix Backup Store in your IT infrastructure so that the RMAN can access the mount on it and store the backups it creates.
- Ensure that Internet access is enabled for the Phoenix Backup Store.
- Read the quick steps article.