This topic lists the errors that you may encounter during Oracle configuration.
Error message: Cannot perform archive log backup. Archive log chain is broken.
Error description: The archive log chain might break because of the following reasons:
- The archived log sequences are accidentally deleted.
- The archive logs are not found after the last archive log backup.
Error solution: Perform a full backup to initiate a new archive log chain.
Error message: Cannot perform archive log backup. Incarnation is changed.
Error description: The incarnation of the database might change because of the following reasons:
- A database might be opened with the RESETLOGS option.
- An attempt is made to undo the effects of the RESETLOGS by restoring backups taken before RESETLOGS.
Error solution: Perform a full backup to initiate a new archive log chain with the latest incarnation.
Error message: Cannot perform archive log backup. Resync flag is set.
Error description: This error might occur if the data corruption occurs during the last backup of a database.
Error solution: Perform a full backup to create a baseline for the next incremental and archive log backups.
Error message: Oracle instance is not available.
Error description: This error might occur when the Oracle instance does not startup. This might occur if:
- The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
- The operating system variable pointing to the Oracle instance is improperly defined.
Error solution: Identify the issue on the server and bring up the Oracle instance. Refer to Oracle documentation for more details.
Error message: RMAN error occurred on the Oracle server. Check RMAN logs for details.
Error description: This error might occur if an ongoing backup or restore operation fails due to RMAN errors.
Error solution: To resolve this error:
- Inspect the Progress logs or Detailed logs on the Jobs page for RMAN errors.
- If the expected archived log not found, loss of archived log compromises recoverability error occurs in the RMAN logs, check whether archive logs are unavailable or expired for the database by connecting to RMAN and running the crosscheck archivelog all command.
The list of all archive logs along with their statuses are displayed.
Run the delete expired archivelog all command to clean up all archive logs with the expired status. Trigger backup.
- Refer to Oracle documentation for more details.
- Contact Support to resolve the errors.
Error message: Cancelling Log Backup job, as Schedule/BackupNow event has occurred.
Error description: This error can occur if a scheduled or manual backup is triggered when an archive log backup job is already in progress.
Error solution: The archive log backup job gets triggered automatically as per the configuration after the full/incremental backup completes.
Error Message: Oracle server discovery on the client failed
Error Description: This error can occur if Druva Phoenix fails to discover Oracle resources, such as individual Oracle instances and Oracle RAC configurations.
Error Solution: To resolve this error, check the Phoenix agent log file for errors. Contact Support.
Error Message: Cannot perform backup. Resetlog change number in one or more data files is greater than incarnation resetlog change number.
Error Description: This error occurs when the RESETLOGS change number in one or more data files is greater than the incarnation RESETLOGS change number.
Error Solution: To resolve this error, review the Druva Phoenix log (Phoenix.log) file for issue details. Contact Support.
Error Message: Invalid Log Backup job as the DB is in the NOARCHIVELOG mode.
Error Description: This error occurs when the archive log backup is scheduled for a database, which is in the NOARCHIVELOG Mode.
Error Solution: To resolve this error, disable the archive log backup from the backup policy.
Error Message: Cannot perform online backup as the DB is in the NOARCHIVE log mode.
Error Description: This error occurs when an online backup for a database cannot be performed, which is in the NOARCHIVELOG mode.
Error Solution: To resolve this error, enable the Perform offline backup if database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode option of the RMAN settings in the backup policy.