Administrators and DBAs can monitor progress of the backup and restore jobs using the progress logs and detailed logs generated for Oracle database jobs. These logs are located at the /var/log/Phoenix/ location. This directory contains the following files:
- main_service.log: Use the log to monitor the Oracle process.
- /ORACLE/logs/restore/<backupsetID>/<jobID_Attempt_No>./: Contains logs generated for the restore job.
- /ORACLE/logs/backup/<backupsetID>/<jobID_Attempt_No>./: Contains logs generated for the backup job.
The following video illustrates the process.
The Logs tab displays the following information:
- Progress Logs: Displays the summary of the progress of the backup and restore jobs triggered for Oracle databases. The progress logs of the backup jobs also include RMAN Logs containing the RMAN script and the RMAN output. Therefore, you can use the progress logs to monitor the RMAN activities in detail.
The progress logs provide a detailed status of the job as follows:
Note: The Log Requests jobs do not display the progress log.
- The start and completion time of the job initiated for a database
- The total data estimated for backup
- The version of the Phoenix agent deployed in your environment
- The name of the database for which the job is initiated
- The start and completion time of datafiles backups
- The start and completion time of control file backup
- The start and completion time of system parameter file backup
- The start and completion time of archive log backup
- The job status for databases
- The total data files and the total data to download in case of restore
The following screenshot depicts progress logs for a sample backup job:
- Detailed Logs: Displays detailed logs for the backup and restore operations of that job. You can use the log files to analyze and troubleshoot the issues that you might encounter while performing a task. Detailed logs are available only after the completion of the upload job. Druva Phoenix allows you to request for the detailed logs of the job using the Request Details Logs button. Druva Phoenix triggers a corresponding Log Request job.
You can request the job logs within 30 days of triggering the job. You must download the requested logs within 7 days of triggering the request. For assistance in resolving your issues, you can share the log files with the Support team.
- On the Jobs page, click the required backup or restore job for which you want to request the detailed logs.
- Click the Logs tab.
- In the Detailed Logs section, click Download Detail Logs.
- Extract the log files from the downloaded PhoenixLogs-<job_id>.zip folder.
The detailed log file (log.zip) contains the following files:
- Druva Phoenix configuration file (Phoenix_tmp.yaml)
- Main Service Log (main_service.log)
- Druva Phoenix Job Log (Phoenix.log)
- RMAN Log containing the RMAN script and the RMAN output (rman-<job_id>_<attempt_ID>.log, rman-<job_id>_<attempt_IDt>.sh)
- SBT Client Log (sbtclient.log)