Enterprise Workloads Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
Ensure that the Oracle server meets the following requirements:
- You are logged in as an administrator to the Oracle server host whose databases you want to back up.
- Click Download on the Register New Server page to download the Hybrid Workloads agent installer on your Oracle server. For more information about the operating systems and database versions that Druva supports, see Supporting operating systems.
- To deploy Hybrid Workloads agent on your Oracle server host, ensure that the server host meets the hardware requirements.
- The execution path for RMAN scripts is configured in the SCRIPTS_FILE_LOCATION parameter of the /etc/PhoenixOracle/Pheonix.yml file. The default value of this parameter is /var/PhoenixOracle/scripts. If you want to change the execution location, change the value of the SCRIPTS_FILE_LOCATION parameter and make sure the new location has execution permissions. Also, make sure that you do not leave this parameter blank.
- If you are using Oracle OS authentication, ensure that the OS user has SYSDBA / SYSBACKUP privileges on the databases.
- If you do not set authentication correctly, the role falls back to SYSDBA by default, facilitating seamless execution of database discovery and backup operations. If you do not want to fallback to the SYSDBA role, set the DONT_FALL_BACK_TO_SYS_DBA_ROLE parameter to true in the configuration file.
- If you want to perform online backups for the databases, ensure that you set the databases to the ARCHIVELOG mode.
- If you plan to create a new backup policy at the time of configuration, read the best practices for creating backup policies.
- For the RAC databases, you can update the I/O server URL in the Phoenix.yml file with the IP of your network. By default, the communication happens over eth0.
- For successful backups, the hostname of the oracle server must point to the correct IP address. Make sure that the hostname-ip mapping in the /etc/hosts file, if present, is correct. In absence of an explicit mapping, by default, the oracle server points to the localhost and backups will not be impacted.
- Dynamic port range of at least 50 ports for I/O server process is required. The default range is 20000-20050 but can be modified in the Oracle Agent configuration file /etc/PhoenixOracle/Phoenix.yml.