Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
Ensure that the Oracle server meets the following requirements:
- You are logged in as an administrator to the Oracle server host whose databases you want to back up.
- Click Download on the Register New Server page to download the Hybrid Workloads agent installer on your Oracle server. For more information about the operating systems and database versions that Druva supports, see Supporting operating systems.
- To deploy Hybrid Workloads agent on your Oracle server host, ensure that the server host meets the hardware requirements.
- If you are using Oracle OS authentication, ensure that the OS user has SYSDBA privileges on the databases.
- If you want to perform online backups for the databases, ensure that you set the databases to the ARCHIVELOG mode.
- If you plan to create a new backup policy at the time of configuration, read the best practices for creating backup policies.
- For the RAC databases, you can update the I/O server URL in the Phoenix.yml file with the IP of your network. By default, the communication happens over eth0.
- For successful backups, the hostname of the oracle server must point to the correct IP address. Make sure that the hostname-ip mapping in the /etc/hosts file, if present, is correct. In absence of an explicit mapping, by default, the oracle server points to the localhost and backups will not be impacted.