Druva Phoenix’s all-in-one backup and recovery solution enable organizations to securely back up their mission-critical applications that use Oracle databases, to the Druva Cloud. Druva Phoenix radically simplifies the backup and recovery of Oracle databases hosted on servers on-premises or running on AWS EC2 instances. Organizations can achieve their data protection SLAs while leveraging the cloud for greater resiliency, and security.
Druva Phoenix offers flexibility to centralize the data backups of globally distributed Oracle databases and provides a single pane of glass to store and manage data. The backup copy is optimized and deduplicated at the source to increase data visibility and dramatically reduce the storage and network overload, and cost.
By deploying a Druva Phoenix Oracle agent in your hybrid or cloud environments, you can leverage the benefits of the Oracle backup service APIs. The agent performs full, incremental, and archival log backups, thereby backing up database files, archived logs, control files, and the Server Parameter file. Druva Phoenix accelerates data backups by streaming data directly from the Oracle Server host to the Druva Cloud without any local retention dependencies. During crises, the data is quickly recovered to the original Oracle Server host or to a different host.
Druva Phoenix is an Oracle-recognized database backup solution provider. For more information, see Oracle Backup Solutions Program (BSP).
- Brings DBA, backup, and cloud teams together with a secure platform that offers the visibility, control, and automation needed to meet SLAs, lower costs, and increase agility.
- Backs up and restores Oracle databases directly to and from the Druva Cloud without the need of any intermediate local storage in the data centers ensuring lower total cost of ownerships (TCO).
- Eliminates the need for having EBS volumes when backing up Oracle databases running in the AWS Cloud.
- Supports database-level database backups by providing the ability to backup individual tablespace or datafile.
- Gives end-to-end visibility into your backup and restore activities, reports, and helps you to gain insights into the analytics.
- Ensures client-side deduplication, compression, and secure backup with end-to-end encryption.
Druva Phoenix components for Oracle
The following diagram illustrates the Druva Phoenix components for Oracle:
The Druva Phoenix solution uses cloud-side and client-side components to interact, manage, and control backups in your infrastructure. The Druva Phoenix components are:
- Druva Cloud: The Druva Cloud manages storage and stores backup data. It authenticates and authorizes the incoming backup and restore requests from the Phoenix agent that is deployed in your organization's IT infrastructure and redirects it to Druva Cloud to fulfill the requests.
- Phoenix Management Console: The Phoenix Management Console is a web-based, unified console that provides complete visibility and a high-level understanding of the health and status of Oracle Databases that you manage, wherever the Oracle Server hosts reside. You can view all the Oracle Servers hosts in your infrastructure registered with Druva Phoenix, and discover and configure databases for backup, recovery, and data archival. This console provides administrators the ability to:
- Deploy Phoenix agent and register Oracle Server hosts
- Discover and authenticate databases running on the registered Oracle Server hosts
- Configure databases for backup
- Control Druva Phoenix activities by defining the backup schedule, retention policy and triggering manual backups and restores
- Monitor backup and restore jobs, activities, reports, and gain insights into the analytics
- Phoenix agent: Phoenix agent is a client-side component, which is installed individually on each Oracle Server hosting the databases. You must deploy the Phoenix agent and activate it to back up and restore databases in your setup. Phoenix agent implements the Oracle Service APIs that allow you to stream backup data from the Oracle Server host directly to the Druva Cloud without any local retention dependencies. Phoenix agent enables data deduplication, compression and encryption on the database being backed up.
Oracle database types supported for backup
Druva Phoenix allows you to back up and recover the following databases running on the Oracle Server hosts:
- Container databases: Container databases support multi-tenancy. A CDB comprises control files, data files, temporary files, undo records, archived logs, and owns a data dictionary specific to its objects.
- Pluggable databases: A single CBD may host zero, one, or more pluggable databases (PDB). A PDB comprises data files and temporary files, and owns a data dictionary specific to its objects.
- Standalone databases