An administrative group is a logical categorization of the servers that share something in common. For example, servers located in one region can belong to one administrative group. Similarly, servers having the same operating system can belong to another administrative group.
An administrative group allows you to organize your servers for better management. To manage the servers under a group, you assign a group admin. It is mandatory that you create an administrative group and attach servers to it.
Create a new Administrative Group
- Log in to the Phoenix Management Console.
- Under Product & Services > Phoenix, click on a workload.
- Select your organization.
- Click Manage > Administrative Groups.
- Click New Group.
- Enter the name and description of the group and click Save.
- The administrative group created now appears on the Manage Administrative Groups page.