Upgrade File server agent on Windows using installer
Phoenix Editions: Business Enterprise Elite
This topic describes how you can manually upgrade the Druva File server agent to the most-recent version on a Windows server.
Druva performs the rollover of the PhoenixUpgrade.log file at the beginning of the upgrade operation. From second upgrade onward, the rolled-over PhoenixUpgrade.<date-time>.log file holds the contents of the first upgrade logs and similar successive upgrade operations. You can ignore the first rolled-over PhoenixUpgrade.<date-time>.log file, because it does not contain any upgrade information.
Before you begin
Ensure the following:
- You are logged on to the server that has an existing installation of Hybrid Workloads agent as an administrator.
- Your server matches the requirements listed in Prerequisites for Hybrid Workloads agent.
- You have downloaded the latest Hybrid Workloads agent installer on your server. The installer is available on the Druva downloads page. You can also download the installer from the Hybrid Workloads Management Console at the time of registering servers.
- To upgrade a Hybrid Workloads agent manually, it is recommended to install a new version of the Hybrid Workloads agent without uninstalling the existing old agent. This avoids the need for reregistering the agent with Druva because the uninstallation process removes all the logs and the configuration-related information from the server.
To upgrade Hybrid Workloads agent
- Double-click the Druva installer.
- Click Next.
- In the Install location box, type or select the full path to the installation home directory.
- Click Install.
- After the installation completes, click Finish.
Note: A system reboot is not required after manual or auto upgrade. After an upgrade, Hybrid Workloads agent is activated automatically. You do not require a separate Hybrid Workloads agent activation.