This topic provides instructions to reconfigure a server. You can change the backup set attached to the server to reconfigure it for backup.
When you replace the backup set associated with the server, the content rule and the backup policy that the server follows also changes. Server backups follow the schedule defined in the backup policy of the new backup sets attached to the server. The corresponding restore points belonging to the previous backup set are not deleted. However, in case of common profiles present in the old and new backup sets, the restore points are retained.
- You cannot change the storage at the time of reconfiguring a server.
- You cannot change a backup set for a disabled server.
To change the backup set associated with a server, you must first delete the backup set attached with the File server and associate the server to a new backup set on the Servers details page.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Protect > Windows/Linux Servers.
- Click the All Servers tab.
Note: To locate your server, use the filter that appears on the top-right side of the servers list. This filter uses backup policy type as a parameter to display a categorized list of servers.
- In the Server Name column, click the server name that you want to configure.
- On the Servers details page, click More > Delete.
The backup set associated with the server is now deleted. You can create a new backup set and associate it with the server.
- Click Add File Backup Set.
The Add New Backup Set window opens.
- Enter details under the Storage & Backup Content and Backup Policy tabs. For more information about creating a new backup set, see Create backup set for your server.