If you want to activate a previously deleted backup proxy, reactivate backup proxy. When you reactivate an instance of backup proxy, backup proxy establishes a persistent connection with Phoenix Cloud. The backup proxy is no longer disconnected; instead, it performs a backup of the virtual machines across an ESXi or a vCenter Server following the backup schedule.
To reactivate backup proxy
- From the vSphere Client console, click VMs and Templates, and start the backup proxy virtual machine.
- Open a terminal on the virtual machine.
Note: Alternatively, you can use a terminal client such as PuTTY to access the backup proxy virtual machine.
- Log on to the virtual machine.
Note: The default username is root, and the default password is druvaphoenix. If you changed the password, use the changed password.
- Stop the backup proxy process.
- Delete the Phoenix.cfg file available at /etc/Phoenix.
- Start the backup proxy process.
- Configure backup proxy.