As an administrator, you can reconfigure backup proxy settings for standalone ESXi, in case you want to update any of the following settings due to modifications or updates to it in your virtual environment,
- Network configuration
- Change in the hostname
- Change in the vCenter Server or ESXi FQDN (or IP address) and credentials
- Network proxy settings
- Change the time zone for backup proxy
Reconfiguring backup proxy settings timely ensures virtual machine backups do not fail due to configuration issues.
Note: You can reconfigure backup proxy settings for standalone ESXi only through CLI.
- Log-on to backup proxy with root credentials using vSphere client.
- At the command prompt, type ProxyConf.
- Select the type of Phoenix Cloud by typing the number adjacent to the cloud.
- Mainline Cloud
The backup proxy settings are displayed on the screen.
- On the Backup Proxy settings page, enter the required page number and update the details:
1. Network configuration
Specify the updated network settings (Static/DHCP).
If you select the Static IP, provide the following details:
If you select DHCP, the DHCP IP will be set.
- IP Address
- Primary DNS Secondary DNS Domain
- Secondary DNS
Note: Before selecting DHCP network setting, verify that no dhclient is running on the backup proxy.
2. Change hostname
After the network configuration completes, you can choose to change the CentOS hostname.
- To change the hostname, provide the new hostname when prompted.
- To leave the hostname unchanged, only press Enter.
3. Provide vCenter/ESXi FQDN (or IP address) and credentials
When prompted, provide the FQDN or IP address of ESXi server.
4. Network proxy settings
If you are using a web proxy in your environment:
- Type yes, when prompted "Do you want to use Network Proxy Setting". Provide the following details:
Druva supports the following proxy types:
Proxy Server IP Valid IP of proxy server. Proxy Port Corresponding proxy port number. Username Valid proxy user name. Password Valid proxy password.
- Type No to continue.
- Druva only supports basic authentication with Web proxy.
- If you want to configure web proxy setting at a later stage, follow the steps listed under Configure web proxy.
6. Change the time zone
You can change the time zone on your system:
Type yes, to change the time zone.
From the displayed list of continents and oceans, type the number corresponding to the server location.
From the displayed list of country, type the number corresponding to the country in which the server is located.
Type 1, to set the selected time zone.
The backup proxy will reboot after you change the time zone.
Type no, to keep the default time zone.
Wait for the synchronization to complete and exit.