If you are an administrator, you can delete an instance of backup proxy at any time. After a delete operation, backup proxy loses the persistent connection with Phoenix Cloud.
- On the Phoenix Management Console menu bar, click All Organizations, and then select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the Phoenix Management Console menu bar, click Protect > VMware. List of all the registered VMware vCenter Servers and ESXi Hypervisors appear.
- Select the ESXi or vCenter Server under which you want to delete the backup proxy.
- Click the Backup Proxy Pool tab, and select the Backup Proxy Pool, the backup proxy is part of.
- Select the backup proxy that you want to delete and click Delete. A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Read the message carefully and click Yes to delete the backup proxy.
The backup proxy is marked deleted and is dissociated from Phoenix. Phoenix Cloud credentials are deleted.
However, if you want to, you can activate backup proxy again later based on your requirement. For instructions, see Reactivate backup proxy.