You need to map the NAS proxy to a NAS device to enable Phoenix to establish connectivity with the NAS device. With this mapping, the proxy becomes available to the backup sets that you configure on the shares of the NAS device. The proxy stores the device credentials and uses them to access the data on its shares.
To map a NAS proxy to a NAS device:
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations and select the organization containing the NAS device.
- On the menu bar, click NAS. The default NAS page appears with the list of NAS devices.
- Click the NAS device name to which you want to map the NAS proxy. The NAS device details page opens.
- Click the NAS proxies tab.
- Click Add More Proxy.
The Add More Proxies window appears. The NAS Proxies tab on the window displays the list of proxies that you can map to the device.
- Select the NAS proxy that you want to map to the NAS device and click Next.
- Enter the NAS device credentials on the NAS Credentials tab. Phoenix uses these credentials to access the NAS share and perform backup and restore.
- Click Finish. The proxy gets mapped to the NAS device.
The proxy becomes available to the backup sets that you create for the shares configured on the device.
Note: The NAS device credentials are validated when you add a share to the NAS device on the Phoenix Management Console.