To start server data backups to Phoenix CloudCache, you need to attach the corresponding backup set to Phoenix CloudCache.
After you attach the backup set, the data from the servers configured in the backup set is stored on Phoenix CloudCache for the configured retention period. After the retention period is over, Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes the data with Phoenix Cloud and tries to free the space by considering the non-reference data and how frequently the data is changed on CloudCache.
Note: Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes data to Phoenix Cloud following the schedule that you specified at the time of CloudCache configuration. Synchronization operations are continuous, while the retention period only determines the duration for which Phoenix CloudCache stores backup data.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- On the Configured CloudCache tab, click the Phoenix CloudCache that you want to update.
- Under the Backup Sets tab, click Attach More Backup Sets. For more information on backup sets, see its definition under Key concepts and terms.
- On the Attach More Backup Sets page, select appropriate values in the following fields:
- Resource: Select the resource corresponding to the backup sets that you want to map.
- Retention Period: Select the duration in days for which you want Phoenix CloudCache to store your data. You can set the retention period to a maximum duration of 30 days.
Notes: If you map or re-map the backup set to the CloudCache, the first backup after the mapping will be a full backup to the CloudCache.
After you change the cache time zone, restart the CloudCache.
- Click Save.