To enable the backups directly to Phoenix Cloud, decommission Phoenix CloudCache that you configured for those servers.
When you initialize a decommission operation, Phoenix CloudCache first synchronizes data to Phoenix Cloud. After the synchronization completes, the persistent connection between Phoenix CloudCache and Phoenix Cloud is terminated. Thereafter, Phoenix agents directly backup the data to Phoenix Cloud.
Note: We recommend that you initiate a decommission operation only after the backup or restore jobs that are in progress are complete.
|1||You (or another administrator) ensure that Phoenix CloudCache is connected to Cloud, and initiate a decommission operation following instructions in Decommission Phoenix CloudCache.|
Phoenix CloudCache is marked for decommission, and the status of Phoenix CloudCache appears as Decommission in Progress.
Also, the Phoenix CloudCache is unmapped from the server groups.
|3||Backups and restores to and from Phoenix CloudCache stop.|
Phoenix CloudCache waits for the next scheduled synchronization operation to start.
|5||At the scheduled time, Phoenix CloudCache starts synchronizing data to Cloud storage.|
|6||Phoenix starts erasing the data contained in the data volumes of Phoenix CloudCache.|
|7||After the data is erased, the decommission completes.|
|8||The CloudCache is deleted from the database and the instance is removed from the Manage CloudCache page in Phoenix Management Console.|
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- Under Configured CloudCache, click a Phoenix CloudCache that you want to decommission.
- On the CloudCache details page, under the Summary tab, click Decommission Cache.
- On the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
After you click Yes, the triggered job will be processed in one of the following ways:
- If there is no data to be synchronized between CloudCache and Phoenix Cloud, the decommission will begin immediately.
- If some data is to be synchronized from CloudCache to Phoenix Cloud, the data will be synchronized in the next cache schedule cycle. Once the synchronization is complete, the decommission job will be processed.
Note: The decommissioned Phoenix CloudCache will not be listed under the Configured CloudCache list on the Manage CloudCache. You must manually uninstall all instances of Phoenix CloudCache.