To enable the backups directly to Phoenix Cloud, decommission Phoenix CloudCache that you configured for those servers.
When you initialize a decommission operation, Phoenix CloudCache first synchronizes data to Phoenix Cloud. After the synchronization completes, Phoenix terminates the persistent connection between Phoenix CloudCache and Phoenix Cloud. Thereafter, Phoenix agents directly back up the data to Phoenix Cloud.
Note: We recommend that you initiate a decommission operation only after the backup or restore jobs that are in progress are complete.
|1||Ensure that your connect Phoenix CloudCache to Phoenix Cloud, and initiate a decommission operation following instructions in Decommission Phoenix CloudCache.|
Phoenix marks the CloudCache for decommissioning, and the status of Phoenix CloudCache appears as Decommission in Progress.
Also, the Phoenix CloudCache is unmapped from the server groups.
|3||Backups and restores to and from Phoenix CloudCache stop.|
Phoenix CloudCache waits for the next scheduled synchronization operation to start.
|5||At the scheduled time, Phoenix CloudCache starts synchronizing data to Cloud storage.|
|6||Phoenix starts erasing the data contained in the data volumes of Phoenix CloudCache.|
|7||After Phoenix erases the data, the decommission completes.|
|8||Phoenix deletes CloudCache from the database and removes the instance from the Manage CloudCache page in Phoenix Management Console.|
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- Under Configured CloudCache, click a Phoenix CloudCache that you want to decommission.
- On the CloudCache details page, under the Summary tab, click Decommission Cache.
- On the confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
After you click Yes, Phoenix processes the triggered job in one of the following ways:
- If there is no data for synchronization between CloudCache and Phoenix Cloud, the decommission begins immediately.
- For any data synchronization from CloudCache to Phoenix Cloud, Phoenix synchronizes the data in the next cache schedule cycle. Once the synchronization is complete, the decommission job is processed.
Note: Phoenix does not list the decommissioned Phoenix CloudCache under the Configured CloudCache tab. You must manually uninstall all instances of Phoenix CloudCache.