To start backing up the data from your servers to Phoenix CloudCache, you need to attach the corresponding server groups to Phoenix CloudCache.
After you attach server groups, the data from the servers in these server groups is stored on Phoenix CloudCache for the configured retention period. After the retention period is over, Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes the data with Phoenix Cloud and tries to free the space by considering the non-reference data and how frequently the data is changed on CloudCache.
Note: Phoenix CloudCache synchronizes data to Phoenix Cloud following the schedule that you specified at the time of CloudCache configuration. Synchronization operations are continuous in nature, while the retention period only determines the duration for which Phoenix CloudCache stores backup data.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- On the Configured CloudCache tab, click the Phoenix CloudCache that you want to update.
- On the Server Groups tab, click Attach new server group.
- On the Add Server Group page, select appropriate values in the following fields:
- In the Server group list, select the server group that you want to map.
- In the Retention period list, select the duration (in days) for which you want Phoenix CloudCache to store your data.
You can set the retention period to a maximum duration of 30 days.
If you map/ re-map the server to the CloudCache, the first backup after the mapping will be a full backup to the CloudCache.
You can change the cache timezone. Restart the CloudCache after changing the cache timezone.
- Click Save.
Note: The Phoenix CloudCache to which you attach the server group appears on the Summary tab of the Server Groups page.