You can regenerate the activation token if one of these scenarios applies to you:
- You lost your activation token
- You forgot to save the activation token
- You generated the activation token but did not use it for 3 days (the maximum time that the token stays active)
At the time of regeneration, Phoenix generates a fresh token for your unconfigured Phoenix CloudCache. You must use this token to activate your Phoenix CloudCache. For more information, see Activate Phoenix CloudCache.
Note: When Phoenix generates a new token, the old token becomes stale. You can only use the newly-generated token for activating Phoenix CloudCache.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- On the menu bar, click All Organizations, and select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > CloudCache.
- Under Unconfigured CloudCache, locate the Phoenix CloudCache for which you want to generate a fresh token.
- In the Action column, click Regenerate Token.
- To copy the activation token, click Copy.
Note: Phoenix does not store activation tokens. That is why you must save the token to a file on your server.
- Copy this token to a simple text file, and save the file to your server.
- Click Finish.