This topic describes how you can determine the version of Phoenix backup proxy that is currently running or deployed in your virtual environment. You can obtain the version details of the Phoenix agent or backup proxy instances from the Phoenix Management Console.
Ensure that you have the latest version of backup proxy deployed on vCenter server or ESXi.
Note: For some major releases, an upgrade of Phoenix backup proxy instances is required. For intermittent releases, you might not require an upgrade. We recommend that you see the Release details to determine whether an upgrade is essential.
- Log on to Phoenix Management Console.
- From the top menu, select the required organization from the drop-down list.
- After you select your organization, on the menu bar, click VMs > VMware.
- Select the vCenter / Hypervisor from the displayed list.
- Click on the Backup Proxy Pool tab.
- Select the required pool to view the details.
Note: If you change the IP for ESXi where the backup proxy is deployed, you will see both old and the new IP entry under Hypervisor filter list on the All Virtual Machines and Configured Virtual Machines page. The new IP is not updated on backup proxies page. To display only the new IP entry, you must restart the backup proxy services.