This article applies to:
- OS: Windows
- Product edition: inSync Cloud
While accessing inSync APIs, the below error appears in Microsoft Power BI tool.
Error: An API key value wasn't specified.
The authentication method used to connect or asses inSync APIs is not supported.
Change the authentication method from Web API (key based) to Basic in Power BI Desktop client application as described below.
- Open the Power BI Desktop.
- Go to File > Options and Settings > Data Source Settings.
- Select the correct URL and click Edit Permissions > Edit.
- Switch from Web API to Basic.
- Add your inSync cloud administrator’s email address and inSync API token in the password field.
- Click Save.
- Close the Data Source Settings window and refresh your Power BI interface.
Return to Power BI Desktop and refresh to fetch data with the updated credentials.