Compaction is used to reclaim unallocated space on a storage by removing restore points and users.
This article explains how to schedule compaction for a storage on an inSync Server.
What is Compaction?
Compaction attempts to reclaim space by removing restore points and users. The time interval at which compaction is to be carried out is specified in a daily and weekly schedule. You can schedule the time interval while creating the storage, and edit it when required.
Files are also compacted when the available storage space decreases below the percentage specified in the Compact when usable space drops below setting.
Creating a new compaction schedule
To create a new compaction schedule:
- In the Druva inSync Control Panel, click Manage > Storage.
- Click Create New Storage. The Create New Storage screen displays.
- Select the Compaction Schedule tab.
- Enter the details in the Compaction Schedule section for this storage.
Daily: Daily compaction will be executed with the default values: daily compaction will run at 12:00 AM, and will stop after 6 hrs even if compaction has not finished.
Weekly: Weekly compaction will be executed with the default values: weekly compaction will run on Saturday, at 12:00 AM, and will stop after 36 hrs even if compaction has not finished.
- Edit the daily and weekly compaction schedule as needed, and click Next.
Compaction will also run if the usable space in the storage drops below 80% (default). You can change this if required.
Editing the Compaction Schedule
To edit the compaction schedule:
- In the inSync Control Panel, click Manage > Storage option.
- A storage list displays.
- Click on the Storage Name
4. Click Edit under the Compaction Schedule section.
5. Make necessary changes in the Compaction Schedule.
6. Click Save to save your changes.