An IT administrator can register an Active Directory (AD) account and import AD users into inSync 5.x. To import users from a domain controller, the administrator needs to authenticate using an AD account with sufficient privileges to search the user database. Once the authentication succeeds, the wizard allows import of users.
The imported users will be created using either a Common name or Windows Log In ID/Name.
This article lists the steps to be followed when importing AD users into inSync.
Register your AD with inSync
1. Register your AD with inSync. On the inSync Control Panel, click Manage > Settings > AD Accounts > Register AD Account.
2. Enter the details like IP address of Domain Controller / host, Active Directory port (389 by default), user name, and password that will allow inSync to read users from Active Directory.
Click OK to save the settings.
Import AD Users
1. Once Active Directory settings are added. You can import user by navigating to Quick Links > Manage Users > Import > Import from AD.
2. Select the appropriate options as per your requirement.
Note – User must have email address field mentioned in Active Directory. If user does not have email address specified, users will not be visible during the import process. Email address field is a mandatory field.
4. Select the User Profile, Storage and Quota for the selected users.
5. Click on the next to continue.
6. Click Save keys to save the authentication keys locally without sending them to end users via email.OR Click Send Email to send the authentication keys via email. Click on Finish to close the import wizard.
7. Imported user is visible after successful import.
For any further queries or concerns reach us via Support Portal.