This article describes the steps to configure SSO for Druva inSync Cloud using the IDP Okta.
Note: Ensure that the Application Username format is set to "Email" when creating the app. It is an issue with Okta,that the username mapping cannot be changed for existing users after initial setup.
Configure the Okta Druva App
- Login to the Okta console using the configured URL.
(This will be different for everyone. Mostly it’s in the following format: https://company-configured-name.okta.com)
- In Okta, click on Add Application, search for Druva and click on Add button.
- Under General settings page, enter the following details.
- Enter the inSync Auth Token from Druva inSync. To generate it, follow the below steps.
- Sign in to Druva inSync Cloud as an admin.
- Select Manage > Settings and select the Single Sign-On Tab.
- Click Generate SSO Token.
- Click on Copy and Paste in the Okta system.
- Save the settings and click on Next button.
- Under Sign-On Options, ensure that the SAML 2.0 is selected and following information is entered as shown in the below screenshot. (Make sure to enter the relay state as : adminlogin, otherwise admin will never get authenticated).
- Click on View setup instructions button and this will direct to Setup SSO page. This page contains all the relevant information that needs to be entered in Druva Cloud Portal.
Note: These details will always be different as they are company specific.
- Copy the certificate details from the box as shown in the following image and ensure to paste it in a text editor tool (preferably Notepad++ or WordPad) first, rather than directly pasting it in the Druva Cloud Portal. (This will eliminate the chances of incorrect formatting).
Configure the Druva inSync Cloud to use Okta
- Logon to the Druva inSync Cloud admin console and navigate to Manage ->Settings.
- Go to the Single Sign-On Tab. Click the Edit button under Single Sign-on Settings.
- Enter the details as obtained in previous steps.
- Click Save.
Enable SSO for administrators on inSync Cloud
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Settings.
- Click the Single Sign-On tab and under inSync Configuration, click Edit. The Single Sign-On Settings window appears.
- Select the Enable single sign-on for administrator’s check box.
- Click Save.