This article applies to:
- OS: Mac
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premise
inSync profile configuration provides the following default directory options to configure for backup.
This article provides a workaround to configure the inSync profile to back up the complete Macintosh HD of a Mac device.
- Log in to the inSync Management Console and click Profiles on the menubar. The profile list is displayed.
- Click the name of the profile that needs to be configured.
- Open the Devices tab and click Edit when the Laptops and Desktops page is active.
- Open the Mac tab on the Edit Device Backup Configuration window.
- Click + Add Folder and enter the following in the respective fields.
- Folder to be backed up: /\
- Folder display name: Macintosh HD
- Click Save. The /\ entered in the Folder to be backed up field changes to / after the profile is saved.
Perform a manual backup to verify whether inSync backs up the Macintosh HD of a Mac device.