This article applies to:
- Product edition: inSync Cloud and On-Premises
A Legal Administrator in inSync has access to all the legal hold policies by default. Using this procedure, you can restrict Legal Administrators to access to only specific legal hold policies or more granular rights.
Assign specific legal hold policies to Legal Administrators
Perform the following steps on inSync Management Console:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > Administrators.
This opens the Administrators and Roles page.
- Open the Roles tab and click Create Role. The Create New Role window is displayed.
- Enter the new role name, description and select Legal Admin from the Import rights from list.
- Click Next. The Assign Rights tab opens.
- Select all rights for Legal Hold Management and click Finish to save the role.
- Click the role you just created and click Edit under Assign Rights.
- Select more granular rights from:
- View legal holds
- Delete legal holds
- Create and manage legal holds
- Click Save.
- Open the Administrators tab and click Create Administrator.
- On the Create New Administrator window, enter the administrator details and select the newly created role under Assign role.
- Click Finish.