This article has been deprecated as its content is obsolete. Confirmed with Shardul Kadam - JIRA ref: KB-250. Comment from Shardul Kadam.
This article applies to:
- OS: Windows, Mac, Linux
- Product edition: inSync Cloud, On-Premise 5.5 and later
Login to inSync Web fails with the same credentials used to activate a new device. The inSync Web login fails with the following error.
inSync Share and Web Restore is disabled for you.
The above error is displayed when the inSync Share and the Allow restore from a Web browser setting in the user's profile is disabled.
Resolve this error with one of the following options:
- Enable inSync Share:
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click Profiles.
- Click the profile for which you want to enable inSync Share.
- Click the Share tab.
- Click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select the Enable inSync Share check box.
- Click Save.
- Enable restore from the web from the user's profile:
- On the inSync Management Console, go to Profiles and click the name of the profile assigned to the user.
- On the General tab, click Edit.
- Under User Privacy & Access, select Allow restore from a Web browser.