This article applies to:
- OS: Mac
- Product edition: inSync Client
This procedure describes the steps to perform backups from an external hard drive attached to a Mac device.
Back up from an external hard drive on Mac
- Open the terminal and run the following command to find the mount point of the external hard drive.
- On inSync Client, click Add Folder.
- Select Show hidden folders/files.
- Expand the file system and navigate to the external hard disk.
- Click Next. inSync Client will back up the external hard drive in its next backup cycle.
Note: inSync Client users can add a folder using Add Folder provided the the relevant permission is enabled in the profile assigned to the user. If inSync Client is reactivated or if any other user uses the same device, the configuration may not remain same.