This article applies to:
- OS: macOS Mojave
- Product edition: inSync Cloud Clien version 6.2 and later
This article provides the steps to create a policy in Jamf, which can provide full-disk access to the inSync Client.
Starting with Jamf Pro 10.9, configure the Privacy Preferences Policy Control profile as a separate payload in computer configuration profiles. This payload allows you to configure settings to allow or deny access to applications and services within a target computer's Security & Privacy preferences pane
Create a policy in Jamf
- Login to Jamf.
- Under Computer tab, click Configuration Profiles > New.
- On the General tab:
- Enter a profile name. (For example: inSync)
- Set Category as ITS Tools.
- Set Level as Computer Level.
- Open the Terminal and run the command:
codesign -dr - /Applications/inSync.app
- Under Configuration Profiles, click Privacy Preference policy Control.
- Set IDENTIFIER as com.druva.insync.
- Copy the output from the terminal starting from identifier till exists */ without quotation marks to CODE REQUIREMENT.
- Depending on the type of backup setup under inSync profile, add app or service.
Target this policy on one of the systems from Jamf and verify whether full disk access is provided to inSync.