- Phoenix uses three types of the VMware Transport Modes.
- The HotAdd mode is the fastest among the other two transport modes.
- By default, Phoenix uses 'HotAdd' as the transport mode.
How to view the type of Transport Mode used in logs?
- On the Jobs page, click the VMware tab > Job ID .
- On the Job Details page, click the Progress Logs tab.
The Progress Logs tab displays the transport mode used as shown in the following screenshot:
- Backup may fail with 'Backup Window expired' if the transport mode is changed from HotAdd to NBD or NBD-SSL as the other two modes will take time to backup as compared to HotAdd.
- The Transport mode will be changed by VMware depending on the various scenarios.
Click here for more information.