- The content rule defines the file server data to be backed up.
- The content rule is a part of a File backup set.
- The same content rule can be attached to multiple server backup sets.
After the content rule is modified, Phoenix performs a full scan during the next backup to get the updated changes. This might cause the backup window configured in the backup policy to lapse.
- Ensure you run Backup Now when the content rule is updated.
Click here to review instructions on how to run the backup manually.
- It is expected that a full scan will take longer than an incremental scan. This allows us to scan the newly selected files in the content rule and take advantage of the storage-saving benefits provided by our global deduplication technology.