The following are the issues:
- Hyper-V backup is stuck during the 'Started Snapshot' phase.
- When the response is not received from Hyper-V host, the backup fails with Phoenix54 error.
- Manual checkpoint of the server from Hyper-V manager is successful.
Failed to take snapshot Error PHOENIX54
In the Event Logs, you also will find the following eventID:
VSS Error. Cannot create the snapshot. Event ID: 8229
To fix this issue, perform the following:
- Open the Hyper-V Manager.
- Open the Hyper-V host and select the virtual machine that produced this error.
- Right-click VM, and then go to Settings > Management > Integration services.
- Disable Backup (volume checkpoint) Service.
- Click OK.
Note: Uptime counter could be reset for the Hyper-V virtual machine.