This article lists and describes the services that must be excluded from antivirus software for seamless backups and restores.
Summary of services
The following Druva executables are used to control the flow for failover like maintaining the installation order, uploading logs, sending SQS messages, and getting the non-boot volumes/disks online.
All the other services are specific to AWS and Microsoft:
- Ec2Install.exe : It is the executable for the EC2 config installer.
- Citrix_xensetup.exe: Setup to install Xen server. Citrix XenServer is an open source server virtualization platform based on the Xen hypervisor.
- systeminfo.exe : The command-line utility for output summary of hardware/software operating environment parameters.
- dotnetfx45.exev: Microsoft .NET Framework for Windows Server.
- AWSPVDriverSetup8.2.1.msi : Setup for Amazon PV Drives (Windows AMIs contain a set of drivers to permit access to virtualized hardware. These drivers are used by Amazon EC2 to map instance store and Amazon EBS volumes to their devices. )
- dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe : Executable for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
- AmazonSSMAgentSetup.exe: Setup for AWS Systems Manager Agent (SSM Agent). It is Amazon software that can be installed and configured on an EC2 instance, an on-premises server, or a virtual machine (VM). SSM Agent makes it possible for Systems Manager to update, manage, and configure these resources.
- XenGuestAgent.exe : It is an executable file that is part of the Citrix Tools for Virtual Machines.
- wic_x86_enu.exe : Windows Imaging Component (32-bit) that provides an extensible architecture for image codecs, pixel formats, and metadata, with automatic run-time discovery of new formats.
- wic_x64_enu.exe : Windows Imaging Component (64-bit) that provides an extensible architecture for image codecs, pixel formats, and metadata, with automatic run-time discovery of new formats.
- WiXEC2ConfigSetup_64.msi : It is WIX and AWS configuration. Wix is a web development platform used to design, publish, maintain and host websites that expanded its production environment to AWS, allowing it to spin up hundreds of servers automatically to manage traffic spikes. By using AWS to create snapshots of the system, Wix can spin up new server instances in minutes.