Cross-Region Backup of RDS Database fails with the Error 'Option group rdsexample1-12345678901234567890 does not exist'
- Cross-Region Backup of RDS Database fails with the Error: Option group rdsexample1-12345678901234567890 does not exist
- But the Option Group specified in the Error in CloudRanger exists in AWS.
- When looking at the RDS Service in AWS and under the 'Option Groups' section, the Option Group specified in the Error in CloudRanger 'rdsexample1-12345678901234567890' is present.
- Also when looking at the 'Associated resources' on the Option Group 'rdsexample1-12345678901234567890', the RDS Database 'rdsexample1' you are trying to Backup in CloudRanger is listed there.
- CloudRanger is looking for a copy of the Option Group in the target Region and fails because the copy of the Option Group does not exist.
- This Error is due to a limitation in AWS on the sdk used by Druva CloudRanger making Cross-Region copy of an option group not supported.
As a manual workaround you can manually create in the target AWS Region in AWS an Option Group with the same name as the one in the Source Region before trying to Backup the RDS Database again.