IMD deployment using LabTech Control Center
The following section explains how LabTech-inSync integration use IMD (Windows) to manage and monitor inSync activities deployed on the device.
- inSync Server:
- Configure the inSync AD Connector
- Register your Active Directory account
- Create an Active Directory mapping
- inSync Client must be in the AD Domain
- LabTech Server must be deployed
- LabTech Agent should be installed
- User should be logged in with his AD Account
- inSync Client should be activated
Step 1 - Create and Schedule an IMD script
Prerequisites to create an IMD script:
- The inSync Client installer URL (https://downloads.druva.com/insync/#inSync_Client)
- Mass deployment token
- Server List parameter
Create an IMD script
- From the navigation tree in the Control Center, expand Scripts. This will display numerous script categories (e.g., Actions, Anti-Virus, Maintenance, Software, etc.).
- Expand the Sample Scripts category, right-click on any sample script and make a copy of it. We will modify this script and use as the inSync IMD script.
- Right-click on the renamed script and click Modify Script. Make any required changes to the Name, Notes, Script Type, and the IF component.
- Click on each step to perform the required action and click Save Setup.
- On Function command step, modify the script URL and Local File path. Enter the inSync Client installer URL and click Save Setup.
- On the Shell command step, enter the inSync Client mass deployment Token and Server list. Click Save Setup.
- Complete all the Script steps and run the inSync IMD script to deploy the inSync Client.
Sample script created for inSync Client
Schedule the IMD script
Scripts can be scheduled on Clients, locations, individual computers or on a group of computers and can be run one-time or re-occurring. If you need to schedule a script on multiple computers, it is recommended to apply the script to a group. Scripts can be scheduled on groups in the same manner as you would schedule them for a Client.
To schedule a script on a Client, see Scheduling Scripts.
Step 2 - Run the IMD script on the LabTech Control Center
Run the script to perform the following inSync IMD Activities:
- Software deployment
- Modify computer settings
- Execute many other activities
Step 3 - Use the LabTech - inSync integration to manage and monitor inSync tasks
Using the LabTech inSync integration you can perform the following activities:
Processes - you can now view the running processes, memory usage and how many agents have the same process running.
Services - Monitor the critical operating system functions for the computer. Example: Start, Stop, Restart
Software - application information such as, application names, the locations where the applications are installed, the date the applications were installed, the application version, and if the application is white or blacklisted.
Note: inSync Client is not listed under Whitelisted App. Druva inSync Client is displayed in installed software section.
Event logs - record significant events on the agent computer.
Event Log observations for inSync Client activities:
A] Application Log - inSync Client related logging is not observed
B] System Log - Observed inSync Client service start and stop activity logs
C] Security Log - inSync Client related logging is not observed
D] System Log - inSync Client related logging is not observed
E] Windows Update Log - NA for inSync Client