Restore data to your device
You can restore versions of files or folders that you backed up. After every backup, Druva saves a snapshot of the backup data to a storage. This snapshot is an exact copy of the original backup data at that point in time. The number of snapshots retained in a storage depends on the number of backups completed and the retention policy of your organization.
When restoring data, consider the following:
- Restore requests are not processed when another restore is in progress.
- Restore requests are not allowed if a backup operation is in progress.
- If the Druva Mobile App is not connected to the Cloud, the restore requests remain in the queue. Restores start whenever the connection with the Druva Cloud established.
- If the connection between the Druva Mobile App and the Druva Cloud is interrupted, the restore operation stops. Restore resumes after the connection is established.
You can restore the data to the folder from which it was backed up or to any other folder on your device.
To restore data to your device
- On the Druva Mobile App sidebar, in the BACKUP DATA area, perform any of the following steps:
- To view data from desktop or laptop on your mobile, tap the required device.
- To restore data for your mobile, tap the device.
- At the upper right area of the right pane, tap .
- Tap the files or folders that you want to view or restore.
- Tap , and then tap Open to view the desktop or laptop data. Alternatively, tap Restore to restore mobile data.
- If you are restoring mobile data, tap the folder where you want to restore the mobile data.
- Tap Select.