Setting up device protection allows your administrator to delete sensitive data from your device when it is lost or stolen.
Data protection on an Android device
If your administrator enabled the Protection Services feature for you, you must activate device administrator for the Druva Mobile App before you can use the Druva Mobile App. By activating the Druva Mobile App as the device administrator, you allow your administrator to perform the following actions on your Android devices:
- Remotely delete sensitive data from your device if you lose your device or if the device is stolen.
- Encrypt data on the mobile device.
If your administrator disabled this feature for you, when you log on to the Druva Mobile App, this feature is not available to you.
To enable device protection services
- On the Druva Mobile App sidebar, tap Settings.
- Tap Device Protection.
- Turn on Protection Services. The Device Admin screen appears.
- Tap Activate Device Admin. The Activate device administrator? screen appears.
- Tap Activate.