inSync Connector or AD/LDAP Connector is a software that needs to be installed on a Windows device or a server within your organization network.
inSync Connector is required in the following scenarios -
- You want to use Active Directory (AD) or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) for importing and managing new users in Druva inSync.
- You want to protect Cloud Apps Office 365 and G-Suite apps data of your users and you do NOT have -
- A user endpoint device (desktop or laptop) configured for backup in Druva inSync.
- Enabled the Cloud Key Management feature.
- On the inSync Management Console, click > inSync Settings.
- Click on the Connectors tab.
The following table lists the fields in the Connectors area.
|Download and install Connector||Download link to the latest inSync Connector installer.|
|Connector Name||The display name of the inSync Connector.|
|Connection Status||The status of the connection with the inSync Connector.|
The following table lists the actions that you can perform in the Connectors tab.
|Add Connector||Add a new inSync Connector in your environment. For more information, see Install or upgrade AD Connector.|
|Delete Connector||Delete an existing inSync Connector in your environment. For more information, see Delete AD Connector.|
|Get Registration Key||
Generate a new registration key to register inSync Connector in your environment.
Do not regenerate the registration key after the inSync Connector is registered. If you regenerate the key, the existing registration key is deactivated.