As an inSync administrator, you can import/provision the user-base from your organization directory into inSync. And as a next step, you can then bulk deploy inSync Client on the user devices by configuring one of the Integrated Mass Deployment (IMD) methods.
inSync supports bulk deployment of inSync Client on user devices across your organization during user on-boarding, as well as bulk replacement of user devices during the device replacement activities.
inSyc supports the following user provisioning methods:
- Active Directory (AD) / Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM)
- Azure Active Directory (AD)
- On the inSync Management Console, click > inSync Settings.
- Click on the Deployment tab. The User Provisioning section displays the existing provisioning method that is configured for your organization.
- Click Edit. The Edit Settings window appears.
- As applicable, select the user provisioning that you want to opt for. inSync supports AD/LDAP, SCIM, and Azure AD methods.
- Click Save. Druva inSync asks for a confirmation and indicates the impact of the change in the user provisioning method
Change in the existing user provisioning method has a direct impact on the mappings and CloudCache mappings. See change user provisioning methods to learn the full impact.