inSync Cloud can back up data over various network types, such as 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, and VPN. You can allow inSync to back up the user data over specific data networks. Also, you can restrict backups over data networks that are not compliant with the Internet usage policy of your organization. You can define a unique string name that inSync uses to identify the network that you want to block.
The following table lists the guidelines for setting a unique string name.
|On Windows||On Mac|
To allow and restrict backups and sync over data networks
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar click > inSync Settings.
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Edit. The Network Settings window appears.
- In the Allowed networks for backup/sync field, type the unique string. For example, SecureLan;Modem;CORP.
- Select Restrict backup/sync on any other network checkbox if you do not want inSync to backup user data on any other network other than the networks specified in the Allowed networks for backup/sync field.
- In the Restricted networks for backup/sync field, type the unique string. For example, Public;GUEST;HOTSPOT.
- Click Save.