After you configure inSync CloudCache Server, you must map users for whom you want to enable inSync CloudCache Server . Mapping users ensures that inSync CloudCache Server temporarily stores backup or restore data only for these users. If you do not map certain users to the inSync CloudCache Server, those users cannot use it.
Note: You can also map users while you mass deploy inSync Client. For more information, see Installing inSync Client for IMD.
To map users
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > CloudCache Servers.
- Click the inSync CloudCache Server to which you want to map users.
- Click the Users tab, and then click Map New Users. The Map Users For Cache wizard appears.
- On the Enter Email IDs page of the wizard, type the email addresses of the inSync users whom you want to map to the inSync CloudCache Server, and then click Next.
Note: You can separate each e-mail address by using commas.
- On the Users Cache Settings page of the wizard, select the appropriate check box.
If you want to back up data to inSync Cloud when inSync CloudCache Server runs out of disk space, select the Backup to cloud if cache is full check box. If you do not select this check box and inSync CloudCache Server runs out of disk space, backup operations fail.
If you want to prepare the inSync users for restore, select the Prepare these users for restore from cache check box. For more information, see Prepare users for restore.
- Click Next. The Validate Users page appears.
- Click Finish.