This section provides information on how to automatically map users to a inSync CloudCache Server when users are created in inSync.
Note: Submit a request to Support to enable this feature.
About configuring inSync CloudCache mapping
New inSync users that are created using any of the following user creation mechanisms can be automatically mapped to an inSync CloudCache Server:
- Active Directory (AD) user import
- Integrated mass deployment (IMD)
To automatically map new inSync users to a inSync CloudCache Server, you must configure a CloudCache mapping policy, that defines:
- Criteria to determine and filter users.
- inSync CloudCache Server that the users must be assigned to after they are created in inSync.
A inSync CloudCache Server is automatically assigned to a new user as follows:
- As an administrator, when you create a CloudCache mapping, the mapping is associated to an AD Server and defines the parameters to filter users and the inSync CloudCache Server that should be assigned to the filtered users.
- As an administrator, when you create users in inSync using an AD user import or IMD, the corresponding CloudCache mapping is searched in the associated AD Server.
- All the newly created inSync users are assigned to the inSync CloudCache Server as defined in the CloudCache mapping.
Automatically mapping users has the following advantages:
- The inSync Client triggered first backup after user activation is automatically redirected to the assigned inSync CloudCache Server. This ensures that the inSync CloudCache Server capability is leveraged from the first user backup itself.
- Reduced overhead on the administrator to manually assign inSync CloudCache Server to every new inSync user.
Note: inSync CloudCache Server must be manually assigned for existing inSync users.