The mass deployment script requires the mass deployment token created using this procedure.
The mass deployment token is a security mechanism used to ensure that inSync Master processes activation requests from authentic clients. During integrated mass deployment (IMD), when you are installing inSync Client on user devices by using an automated installation tool, you must include the mass deployment token as a parameter for installation. After the user logs on to the device, the inSync Client sends an authentication request along with the user credentials to inSync Master. This also includes the mass deployment token. inSync Master authenticates only those requests that have a valid mass deployment token.
Consider the following guidelines when you generate a mass deployment token:
- Once you generate a mass deployment token, all previous tokens become invalid. During the installation of inSync client, always add the most recently generated mass deployment token.
- You can enable an expiry date for a mass deployment token. The inSync Master does not authenticate any request that has an expired token attached to it.
To generate the mass deployment token
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > inSync Settings.
- Click the Deployment tab, and then click Get New Mass deployment Token. The Deployment Token window appears.
- To set an expiry date for the token, select the Enable Expiry Date check box, and then type the expiry date in the Expire on box.
- Click Create New Token.
- Copy the token to a text file or keep it handy. You need this token when you are mass installing inSync Client on user devices.
- Click Done.