Integrate inSync user management with SCIM
Druva enables inSync administrators to automate user management in Druva inSync using System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM) v2.0. SCIM is a standard for the exchange of user identities between identity providers (IdPs) and applications requiring user identity information (such as enterprise SaaS apps).
After integration with SCIM,
- User accounts are automatically created in Druva inSync when new user accounts are assigned to the SCIM app in the IdP.
- User account status and their information are automatically updated in Druva inSync based on the updates in the IdP. The following updates to user information are supported currently:
- Change in Display Name (combination of First Name + Last Name or vice-versa)
- Change in the Email address
- Change in User account status update, that is, change of user account status from active to inactive, and inactive to active only.
- User accounts are automatically preserved in Druva inSync when user accounts are deactivated from the IdP or deleted from the SCIM app.
In this section
The following table lists the step by step tasks to integrate your SCIM with inSync master for user creation and management:
|About using SCIM for user management in inSync||About using SCIM for user management in inSync|
|Configure inSync to manage users using SCIM||Configure inSync to manage users using SCIM|
|Manage users from Okta||Manage users from Okta using SCIM|
|Manage users from Microsoft Azure AD||Manage users from Microsoft Azure AD using SCIM|