A password policy is a set of rules that encourage the use of strong passwords for ensuring added data security. Druva supports password policies for the administrators. You can define a password policy such that:
- It is at least 12 characters long and contains at least one letter [a-z, A-Z], one numeric character [0-9], and one special character
- A given number of preceding passwords used to login cannot be reused
- The number of login attempts is defined
When this limit is reached, Druva locks the account for an hour.
- Password is changed at regular intervals
Only a Druva Cloud administrator can set up a password policy.
Enable Password Policy for Administrators
To enable password policy for administrators, perform the following steps:
- Click the Druva logo to access the Global Navigation Panel > Druva Cloud Settings. The Settings window appears.
- In the Password Policy section, click Edit. The Edit Password Policy window appears.
Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Enable Password Policy If you want to enable password policy for the administrators, select this check box. Additional fields appear. Enforce Strong Password
If you want to enforce a strong password policy, select this check box.
A strong password is:
- Contains minimum 12 and maximum 64 characters
- Contains a combination of alphanumeric and special characters
- Alphanumeric characters include numbers and upper-case and lower-case letters
A strong password is hard to guess for people with malicious intent and secures the login experience.
Cannot reset password to last
Type the number of previous passwords that the administrator cannot use.
For example, if you enter 3, then the administrators cannot set their new password to the current password and the previous two passwords.
To allow the administrators to use any of their last passwords except the current password, type 0.
Note: If you disable the password policy at a later stage, the previous passwords history is erased permanently.
Max. invalid login attempts
Type the maximum number of login attempts.
An administrator's account is locked after the number of invalid login attempts exceeds the number you specify here.
Passwords expire after every Type the number of days after which the administrator must reset the password.
The recommended value range is 1 to 60 days.
- Click Save.