Step 1: Create a profile
To create and apply a compliance policy to end-user data, you must create a profile and associate users to that profile. For more information, see Create a profile.
Step 2: Create a compliance policy
To check the end-user data for compliance violations, you must create a compliance policy and apply that policy to the profiles in your organization. For more information about creating a compliance policy, see Manage compliance policy.
inSync provides predefined policy templates and sensitive data. If the predefined items do not suit your business requirements, you can create a custom policy template and sensitive data. For more information on creating and managing policy template and sensitive data, see Manage policy template and Manage sensitive data.
Step 3: View the Sensitive Data Governance Dashboard policy validation
Once you create a compliance policy, you can view the visual representation on the Sensitive Data Governance Dashboard. The visual representation indicates adherence to compliance regulations in your company.
To view the Sensitive Data Governance Dashboard:
- Click the icon to access the Global Navigation Panel and select Sensitive Data Governance . The Sensitive Data Governance overview page is displayed.
For more information, see the Compliance page.
Step 4: Generate reports
You can generate Non-Compliant File Report and Non-Compliant Email Report to view the details related to file violations and email violations respectively.
To generate the report:
- On the Sensitive Data Governance page, click Reports. The Manage Reports page appears.
- If you want to generate a report for file violations, click Non-Compliant File Report. If you want to generate a report for email violations, click Non-Compliant Email Report.
The report will be displayed once it is generated. You can then either download the report to your computer, or email the report to your company account.
Step 5: Track the administrator-related activities for compliance policy
You can track the administrator activities pertaining to compliance policy.
inSync creates entry in the admin audit trail whenever the inSync Cloud administrator or legal administrator performs the following actions:
- Resolve a violation
- Unresolve a violation
- Quarantine a violation
- Unquarantine a violation
- Download a violation
inSync also creates an entry in the admin audit trail if a violation is auto resolved.
To track the administrator activities:
- On the Sensitive Data Governance page, click Audit Trails. The Audit Trails page appears.
- Click the Admin Audit Trails tab. The list of activities appears in the right pane.
For more information, see View audit trail for administrators.