Configure public gateway IPs
License editions: To understand the applicable license editions, see Plans & Pricing.
As the first step towards implementing Geofencing policy, you must define the public gateway IPs through which inSync users and administrators can access inSync. You can provide a single IP address, a range of IP addresses, or multiple ranges of IP addresses that define your corporate network.
Only a Druva Cloud Administrator can enable Geofencing.
Note: With this configuration, administrators and users can access inSync only when they connect their devices through the specified IP addresses.
Before you begin
You must log in as a Druva Cloud Administrator on the inSync Management Console.
To configure Geofencing public gateway IPs
- On the inSync Management Console menu bar, click > Settings.
- Click the Network tab.
- In the Geofencing area, click Edit.
The Geofencing settings dialog box appears on the page.
- In the Public Gateway IPs box, type the public IPs of your corporate network.
You can specify the IP addresses in the following formats,
IP Address Example Single IP address
Range of IP address, separated by hyphen (-).
192.0.2.1 - 184.108.40.206
Multiple range of IP address, separated by comma (,).
192.0.2.1 - 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 - 126.96.36.199
- You must specify your Public Gateway IPs only, that are provided by your Internet Service Provider.
- inSync supports only IPv4 addresses currently.
- Specified IP addresses and the IP address range is validated for required format and accurateness.
- (Optional) If you want to enable the Geofencing policy for all administrators in your organization, select the Allow admin access to inSync through Public Gateway IPs only checkbox. For more information, see Enable Geofencing policy for administrators.
- Click Save.