Why update AWS access roles
Under certain circumstances, Druva CloudRanger may implement new features that require additional access permissions to your AWS account. In such cases, we will notify you to update permissions for existing IAM roles in your CloudRanger account.
To update AWS access permissions:
- On your CloudRanger console, click the Settings icon to navigate to Account Settings.
- Click Configure under AWS Access. Copy the CloudFormation URL.
For step-by-step instructions on CloudFormation, you may click help me with Cloudformation.
- Login to your AWS Console and navigate to the CloudFormation page. Select the stack that you previously created when configuring CloudRanger, and then click Update.
- On the Specify template page, select Replace current template. Then paste the CloudFormation URL into the Amazon S3 URL text box. Click Next.
- Click Next on the Specify stack details and Configure stack options pages.
You will be able to preview the changes before you click Update stack to confirm the CloudFormation changes to resources.
- Once the stack update is complete, navigate back to CloudRanger, and click Save under Save AWS Access Role.
Your IAM role and AWS account access should now be updated with the latest permissions, allowing you to take advantage of any new functionality that is released.